Saturday, March 16, 2013

dear hatred

dear hatred,

thank you for the conversation starter
the tip about the rolling eyes
the smiles that disguise

I feel my upper lip begin to curl
my tongue begin to swirl

I clinch my jaw and prepare to awe
all of those around me

a sweet bashing
my words like hooks
they tear and perform a lashing

the audience, their eyes, they widen as if surprised

their gasps like static fill the air
connect and disappear

their vision shifts and slants
we have got them now

I, your buddy, me
I have showed them how

a great release, I feel inside
as my insecurity subsides

and as the crowd begins to think
the shock I delivered begins to sink

a shadow grows inside it's place
and dances upon each human face

I tower over man and monster
ruler of my own

our eyes like fire prance and sway
to you dear hatred we start to pray
















matt duke

No comments:

Post a Comment